Nip Assist - Latch Helpers
- MAKE BREASTFEEDING EASIER: Whether you are just starting out or working on weaning off nipple shields, having your nipples drawn out makes latching baby a whole lot easier.
- EASY TO USE: Simply squeeze the top and place over the nipple and release your fingers for a gentle pull. Use prior to breastfeeding.
- MAKE NIPPLE SHIELD WEANING EASIER: Use with our Nipple Shield Weaning Kit to speed up the process or weaning off nipple shields. Use on one side to draw out the nipple so as you intro baby to your natural nipple, it is easier for them to latch and quickly transfer milk.
- GIVE BACK: $0.50 cents from every sale will go towards sending Pink Pumps to areas in need.
- ALL DAY COMFORT: for those with inverted nipples, can be used under clothing for periods of time to train nipples to stop inverting.
- SOFT & COMFORTABLE MATERIAL: Made of Durable, Soft and Grade A silicone material, safe for sensitive skin.
- WHAT YOU GET: 2 piece silicone Nip Assist correctors and plastic carrying case.
Nip Assist Latch Helpers are perfect for any mom with flat or inverted nipples or any mom working on weaning baby off nipple shields. They gently draw out the nipple making it protrude further and feel firmer which leads baby to latch more easily.
When used with our Nipple Shield Weaning Kit mom's success with weaning goes up. The kit and these latch helpers are perfect partners!
Medical Grade Silicone - Proudly made in the USA!
Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Shipping: Products ship within 1-3 business days.
Returns: 100% refund for packages returned unopened. Partial refunds given for products returned opened or used.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
Several types of goods are exempt from being returned. Perishable goods such as food, flowers, newspapers or magazines cannot be returned. We also do not accept products that are intimate or sanitary goods, hazardous materials, or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some health and personal care items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, VHS tape, software, video game, cassette tape, or vinyl record that has been opened
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
The Nipple Shield Weaning Kit shields are 23mm at the opening of the nipple. They worlk best for moms who are currently using 24mm shields but have somethimes worked for moms using 20mm shields.
WARNING: Never leave infants or children alone with nipple shields or packaging to prevent choking/suffocation. Boil for 5 minutes before first use.
Be patient. This process can take time. Babies have good days and bad days.
If you experience pain or pinching with SHIELD 1, skip straight to SHIELD 2. If pain persists with SHIELD 2, stop use and consult a lactation specialist for underlying issues.
Don’t push it too much. A calm baby will be more likely to accept something new. You don’t want baby to associate your nipple with being upset so it’s okay to just use the shield baby is used to and try again after baby is calm.
Express/pump to help induce a quick letdown and express a few drips onto your nipple and the Back to Mom shield to help entice baby to latch.
Use the bait and switch. If baby refuses your breast or the new shield from the Back to Mom kit, start feeding baby with the shield they are used to and after they’ve fed for a few minutes quickly swap out the Back to Mom shield.
Try to get as much skin-to-skin contact in as you can before and during the weaning process.
If you are successful at latching baby to the bare breast and you have a lot of pain or blistering, consult a lactation specialist as latching issues may be persisting.
Boil for 5 minutes before first use and once a week thereafter.
Wash the nipple shield in hot soapy water before each use.
Beginning with SHIELD 1, hold the nipple shield by the rim and flip the nipple shield inside out half way. Center the nipple shield over the breast and nipple and place the cutout where baby’s nose will be).
If baby accepts the new shield and successfully eats with it you can move onto SHIELD 2 and then SHIELD 3. You can try to latch to bare breast at any point as well.
The Back to Mom shields with their open ends can reduce the sucking satisfaction for baby. If baby latches and immediately unlatches it’s a sign they are unhappy with how it feels because it’s not holding it’s nipple shape. This can be good. It leads to baby more quickly realizing that your bare breast is the most satisfying and best way to get your milk. Continue to try to use SHIELD 1 at the beginning of each feeding and introduce your bare breast when baby refuses to accept the shield. This is why it’s key to pump/express before you begin so as soon as baby latches and sucks a little on the bare breast they are instantly rewarded.